If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
BB_ANJ
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe

BB8520 can't get through wifi

I used to browse webpages through wifi connection. Recently, I did a security wipe. After that, I can see that my phone connects to our home wifi. But whenever I try to open webpages or apps using wifi, I get an error that says I don't have network coverage/connection... I am totally clueless as to what to do. I tried checking wifi settings and all but it seems that everything's normal... Any help?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB8520 can't get through wifi

Hi BB_ANJ

Are you sure you are connected to wi-fi ,Can you see those White dash over wi fi icon ? After Security wipe have you registered your device to your Carrier Network ? First register your device .KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network . On manage connection > Make sure Data Service are ON .Reboot your device then try again.

In addition please check this article : How to connect to a Wi-Fi network using a BlackBerry smartphone .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.