Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
BB_ANJ
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe

BB8520 can't get through wifi

I used to browse webpages through wifi connection. Recently, I did a security wipe. After that, I can see that my phone connects to our home wifi. But whenever I try to open webpages or apps using wifi, I get an error that says I don't have network coverage/connection... I am totally clueless as to what to do. I tried checking wifi settings and all but it seems that everything's normal... Any help?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB8520 can't get through wifi

Hi BB_ANJ

Are you sure you are connected to wi-fi ,Can you see those White dash over wi fi icon ? After Security wipe have you registered your device to your Carrier Network ? First register your device .KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network . On manage connection > Make sure Data Service are ON .Reboot your device then try again.

In addition please check this article : How to connect to a Wi-Fi network using a BlackBerry smartphone .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.