Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB8900 v4.6.1.199. has no WIFI in Mange Connections

Hello vezumnieks

Are you sure it's Curve8900 or it's 8910 ? Because Curve 8910 and 8330 don't have a wifi radio . On your Homescreen press and hold alt + aA^ + H , it will popup a screen on that screen check your device detail .And after confirming if it's 8900 you can try two things :

First do a backup of your device which Include your Contact , calenders etc . then reset your device to Factory default using desktop software :

KB31291 :  How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

After reset , try to update your device software to OS5 .for help refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB29847 : BlackBerry Desktop Software is not required to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Smartphone.

After reloading the new OS please check if that option is available and while restoring your backup restore only your contacts , calender entries etc. don't restore everything .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: LV LMT

Re: BB8900 v4.6.1.199. has no WIFI in Mange Connections

yes, it is BB8900, I found that according to vendor ID - 296, it came from MTS in Russia and according to Russian regulations WiFi and BBM must be disabled and it has been done at factory, unfortunately there is no good workaround for this model.