Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Ssharnii
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

BBM 7 and emails not working

Hi, a few days ago my bbm stopped sending and receiving messages so I upgrade it to the new, BBM 7 version.  However after is ask for your id password etc it says ' Cannot set up bbm.  Insufficient wireless coverage or your connection to the wireless network is turned off.'.  My wifi however is connected, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it many times, I have wiped my phone and rebooted it but nothing seems to work.  Along with this I am no longer receiving emails however whatsapp and facebook it still working so I doubt it has anything to do with the connection.  If anyone knows any solution or advice I would appreciate it immensely.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: BBM 7 and emails not working

Do you have an active BB data plan on the account? BBM and email will not work with a BB data plan. Facebook works over wifi alone....BBM and email won't.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Ssharnii

Im not too sure if i do. how do i check and remove it if i do? thank you so much I've been researching this literally for hours :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You need to contact your wireless service provider and make sure that a BlackBerry BIS data plan is enabled on your account. No BIS plan--no BBM or email.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Ssharnii

my wireless provider as in BT broadband or my mobile network (vodafone) thing is it used to work before though, or has it all changed?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Call whoever you pay your cell phone bill to. I'm assuming that's Vodafone. I don't know what happened to your plan. Give them a call and they can make sure your plan is still provisioned properly. If it is they can help you troubleshoot the problem.
Please use plain text.
Ssharnii

haha okkkk thank you very much :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.