Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

lucy_michaela_1999x
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: 3 UK

BBM MESSED UP

Ok, So I have the BB Curve 9320 and since mid day yesterday I tried to change my dp, said it had but my friends said it still was the same. I have been changing it every 20 minutes since then until now (next day @ 9:51pm) just to see if it was my internet/reception. Still had no dp change yet all my name changes and personal messages changes have updated. I was thinking of deleting BBM, but unaware of how to re install it safely without bugs. I had BBM already on phone when I got it and didn't need to download it. Any ideas on what I shall do? Thanks:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM MESSED UP

Hello lucy_michaela_1999x

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you're having problem in BBM with Display picture , then you can try Reinstalling which has help many user in the past . To do so first On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there.

• KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

After deleting perform a Battery Pull Restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On .then wait a min.  and  re-insert it back .

Your device may take a long reboot , finally from your BlackBerry Browser browse to  www.blackberry.com/bbm and the most recent available for your device .After reinstalling see if that helps 

Please Note :

If you're having BBM7 then your BBM Contacts are integrated with your BlackBerry ID , after installing when you login with your BlackBerry ID your Contacts will be restored back , but if you're having any previous persion then first do a local backup , you can backup in your Media card, refer to this KB for further  help

KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.