Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
miochan984
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: sun
Accepted Solution

BBM QUESTIONS (9300)

Hi!

I just want to ask if the BBM requires a plan from a network provider or can it be free using wifi?

I just upgraded my BBM and tried setting it up but after like step 2, it just appears blank. I tried connecting it to my facebook but it tells me that my radio is turned off and I need to turn it on first. I don't even know which 'radio' is the thing talking about!

Thanks in advance !
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM QUESTIONS (9300)

Hello miochan984

Yes you need that .. to use BlackBerry Messenger and many other BlackBerry applications on our  legacy BlackBerry devices we need a specific BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS from our Carrier or Network Service Provider even over wifi .

Once you activate it you can use those application over your mobile network as well as over wifi without any issue.

miochan984 wrote:

I tried connecting it to my facebook but it tells me that my radio is turned off and I need to turn it on first. I don't even know which 'radio' is the thing talking about!

On your device Homescreen Go to Manage Connection >  Be sure Mobile Network is Marked or checked .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
miochan984
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: sun

I see. Thank you very much :smileyhappy: !
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi miochan984

You are most welcome...  :smileyhappy:

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.