Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Khaqan
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: UFone
Accepted Solution

BBM Security

I recently bought a BlackBerry device - the curve 9360. I have regarding the the protection of the data on my device and on the account connected to it. First of I wanted to if a blackberry smartphone is hackable and how prone it is to viruses and threats.
Seconds I wanted to know security of the BlackBerry Messenger. I am a very social guy and regularly share pins with many people whom I do not properly know sometime even online with complete strangers as its seems much safer to share pins than phone numbers. So my concern was that if any harm could come to my device or the data stored on it from this Pin sharing, in form of my device being hacked using my BBPin or my data being exposed to a third party or something.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM Security

BlackBerrys are not hackable.

BlackBerrys do not get viruses.

You cannot expose any personal data from sharing your PIN, unless you specifically tell that PIN Buddy something.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.