Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Olly-R
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: giffgaff

BBM Upgrade Problem

Ok, so I upgraded BBM and I restarted the divice (Curve 8520) and when I go tturnedo BBM it says "Cannot Set Up BBM: Insusufficient wireless coverage or your connection to the wireless network is turned off" I have a perfect wifi connection. And now it says "A temporary BBM server error Retry" but when I retry it doesnt work. Another problem is ever since I restarted my divice, my spotify app doesn't work it says "The disk is full Please free up some space." But I have deleted one app and two games and I have 106.9 MB free app space. also I have taken the back off and all that.

Any help would really be appriciated, thanks, Olly.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM Upgrade Problem

Hello Olly-R

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

To use BBM we need BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS from our Carrier , Do you have it in your account ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Olly-R

Yes I think I do, I havent topped up though, I'm with the giffgaff £15 a month, and it worked before the upgrade.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Olly-R

with the bb add on
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Olly-R

I think you should call your Carrier giffgaff to make sure you account have sufficient balance ,Also On your homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = what is the status.

If you're trying it over WiFi previously , then do it over your Mobile Network and see if you recieve the same error .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Olly-R

thank you for ur help. the BB internet service says: not connected. (the internet on my phone is working though if that helps)
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Olly-R wrote:
 the BB internet service says: not connected. (the internet on my phone is working though if that helps)

Hi Olly-R

A normal Data Plan will allow us to browse Internet but will not allow use BBM in your device , So call your Carrier giffgaff to know if BlackBerry AddOn are properly configured in your account .

Once you have your account configured with BlackBerry Data plan you will not receive such error message while updating or using.

Call giffgaff and let us know if you still receive that error.

Please use plain text.