Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ladyjustice83
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: o2

BBM Voice stopped working........

Hi all,

So my BBM voice stopped working a couple of days ago.  Sending messages is fine, but the wee green icon isnt showing and is now grey.  When I click on this I recieve the message saying "Your voice chat connection cannot be established".  Wifi connection is fine etc.

I have attempted the troubleshoot section on this website; filled out the "contact us" form but have no option to actually submit the form.  There is a notification saying that my softwear version doesn't support BBM.

I'm quite new to the whole smart phone thing, so I don't know much about deleting softwear or re installing older versions.  

One thing I do know, is that its bloody stupid to have softwear upgrades available on BlackBerry which are not compatible with the rest of the phone!!!  

Would much appreciate any info on how to sort this wee issue out!   I don't want to go playing around with all the phone settings myself incase I erase everything on the handset! :Helpsmilie:

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: BBM Voice stopped working........

Hi Ladyjustice83

Before clearing and loading a new OS update.
You checked the wifi connection to connect you will not be limited or nonexistent.
To make calls via BBM Voice is best to be connected to a wi-fi network, it is because your wi-fi is not stable.

Regards...

• Response you like me? Want THANK? Click like.jpg
  • If it was the SOLUTION click "Accept as Solution"!
  • #bbm.original.png4LL original.png  #ichooseBlackBerry10 @Gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ladyjustice83

I have thoroughly checked all wifi connections and they are all fine.  There has never been an issue with the wifi's that I connect too before, only since I updated to the most recent softwear. 

The wifi is stable.

I have been using BBM with no issues at all for months,

I have been informed from BB that BBM Voice is not compatible with this newest softwear :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Why not try to update the OS on your Blackberry

Taking into account the backup via DM and Blackberry Protect

Regards...

• Response you like me? Want THANK? Click like.jpg
  • If it was the SOLUTION click "Accept as Solution"!
  • #bbm.original.png4LL original.png  #ichooseBlackBerry10 @Gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ladyjustice83

Thanks for the idea.

Unfortunately there is nothing to upgrade to. It keeps telling me that there are no updates available; That I have the most up to date available.

Everything is backed up, so planning on wiping the current OS and re installing a previous version.

Thanks again!

Shelly.

Please use plain text.