Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

BBM WAS HACKED

Hi All

My Curve 8520, was recently Hacked.

Please can anyone shed some light on how this could have been done and what I need to do to protect myself from this.

Here are some details of what happened on the day I was hacked.

In the morning I received 2 BBM invites. I accepted these and immediately went to contacts and deleted them both and selected block contact / pin (which I always do when I get a random invite) so they can't invite me again.

Later that day my friend asks me why am I  fighting with him and why do I want to meet him face to face etc?

Making a long story short he basically said that I appeared twice on his BBM during the day. And started arguing with him.

He sent me the conversation that he had with this other "ME".

My entire BBM profile was a exact copy on his BBM.

I asked him if he could go into the profile to get the BBM pin of the duplicate BBM Contact. He said he tried but it said the contact is not available or unreachable or something along that line.

I told him to delete and block that contact.

I have no idea how this could have happened and would really like to get more info so I can protect my self and inform others.

Can someone assist?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BBM WAS HACKED

Hey armani-zn,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

I have never heard of this happening.  Since the BlackBerry smartphones are very secure, i'm not sure how this other person duplicated your PIN.  I would suggest to tell your contacts to remove that other bogus contact.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!