Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

BBM and Email only work with Wi-Fi

My BBM and email are only working when I'm connected to a wi-fi network. Once I'm out in the real world, just on the network I can't send BBM, send emails, check-in on Facebook, or connect to App World.

These are my symptoms. What's the problem?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BBM and Email only work with Wi-Fi

Hi there,

The first step is to check to ensure you have data access when you're out in the real world. If you look at the top right corner of the screen, do you see a 1XEV or 1xev (not capitalized)? You need the 1XEV to send and receive data and have access to the BlackBerry network. If you don't see that, start by performing a battery pull - while the device is on, remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, then reinsert the battery and wait for the phone to reboot.

Other things that you can try on your end are to re-register your device on the BlackBerry network and re-send your service books while not connected to wifi.

To try re-registering your BlackBerry, go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, press the BB Menu button and select Register Now.

Once you've done that, re-send your service books by going to Setup > Email Settings, log in if required, press the BB Menu button and select Service Books from the menu. You can then resend the service books from there.

Barring that, I would call up Sprint to see if there are any problems with things on their end. They may be able to figure things out, or they may have you try some other things, such as reseting your PRL (preferred roaming list).

Good luck and keep us posted. If you have any additional info, feel free to post it and hopefully someone can provide some alternate suggestions!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

My Device: CURVE 8520
My Carrier: TMOBILE

Hiya I have had the same problem, I have tried the advise you have given this user but it has not worked. Whenever i try register using the Host Routing Table, it says "registration message queued. It will be sent once data coverage available."

Please can you help

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

"Hiya I have had the same problem, I have tried the advise you have given this user but it has not worked. Whenever i try register using the Host Routing Table, it says "registration message queued. It will be sent once data coverage available."

Please can you help"

Please verify through Options> Network and Connections> Mobile Network if Data Services is ON and make sure that the wireless coverage indicator is in uppercase.

For more information about this, you may call your carrier or check this link:

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-3919
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter