Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 9320
Accepted Solution

BBM got swapped with old phone???

Hi there,

Updated my BB Messenger (as suggested).  A msg came up to the effect : "your BBM is registered on another handset, do you want to migrate to the current one?"   I clicked yes, and then my daughter's profile appeared as mine!!  She has my old BB handset.

Phoned our local support and they've suggested we both wipe our phones completely and then start again.  Surely, there's an easier, less radical way to sort this out??

Many thanks in advance.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: BBM got swapped with old phone???

I thought so too, but I believe they were right.

See here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-General/Need-help-how-to-change-BBM-ID/m...

My Device: 9320

Thanks Wolf!  Yup, she wiped her phone as you suggested - and now her BBM and profile are working fine.  I didn't wipe my phone though - this wasn't necessary?  So all seems fine - thanks so much!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Good deal. Looks like you're good to go!