Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
omarzaman
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BBM not sending messages

My BBM can recieve messages but cannot send any, i have tried everything to fix it like resetting the phone, updating the bbm software, sending a registration message again. Can anyone help please?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BBM not sending messages

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB):

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > blackberry_logo.jpg (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then please provide a more complete description of what exactly happens when you attempt to send a BBM message.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
omarzaman

Thanks, sending the service books fixed it

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
omarzaman

the problem keeps occuring, i do all those steps again and sometimes it fixes it sometimes it doesnt.

Please use plain text.
hat
hat
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

The same thing is happening to me, it is SO annoying!

I can receive messages fine but when I reply a tick just comes up no 'D' or 'R' sign and my friends don't receive the messages....

I followed the steps that were posted above, I've taken the battery out and all that but that didn't do anything...

Please please help! It is soooo frustrating-its the 3rd blackberry I've had in a month!!!! 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Sara90
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: o2

I have the same problem here too  ! :smileysad:

please help !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tedward
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello

I am having this exact same problem (as has my girlfriend intermittently and we are on different service providers).

At the moment, I can receive messages, but any messages I try to send tick, but don't deliver and dont show the "D".

It is highly frustrating.  BBM is the main reason to have a blackberry above alternatives and it just seems like the quality isn't there in the product.   Too many problems, too much of the time.

I have spoken to vodafone and they gave me blackberry's number and i was quite shocked to find that if i want to talk to someone about a technical issue i have to pay and if RIM decides that they are at fault they may credit!! That is quite unacceptable when people pay a lot of money to have these products.

After speaking to vodafone again, they ran through all the things relating to their network (which is fine, i can receive emails, go online, text) they were at a loss, hence me messaging here.

I really would appreciate anything that can be done.  (i have done battery pulls, taken sim-card out, re-registered with the mobile network etc...., updated my bbm to very latest version).

Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Aaronhendo1
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone IE

Hi everybody, I'm having troubles with my bbm, facebook and Twitter applications... My bbm won't send or receive messages and my facebook and Twitter apps says 'not available at this time Try again later. Can anyone help me?? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hi

Aaronhendo1 wrote:
Hi everybody, I'm having troubles with my bbm, facebook and Twitter applications... My bbm won't send or receive messages and my facebook and Twitter apps says 'not available at this time Try again later. Can anyone help me?? Thanks

Did these services work previously? Have you downloaded anything prior to the issue?

Follow this when you post back,

Please provide the following

Blackberry Model

Carrier Name

Do you have a Data Plan?

Geographical location

Operating System Version Menu > Options > About - looks like v5.0.0.681

Any error statement or code

Exact nature of problem - the more info the better

Has BB being damaged

Has it been exposed to dirt or moisture - details please.

When this started and whether it started just after an update or new App download and which App or download

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Please use plain text.
123456789e
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

hi,

im having the same problem, when i try to send a message on bbm it comes up with a little clock where the tick usually is. I have tried the steps you suggested and but they still wont send. Do you know how i can maybe fix this?

Thanks

Emily

Please use plain text.