Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: blackberry 9300
My Carrier: o2

BBM not working after O2 updating my minutes

Device info

I have a blackberry curve 9300. on 27th sept i went into store to extend my minutes on my contract as i was continuely going over them. they apparently sorted everything out with my new extra mins starting on 10th oct. well since that date i have had no bbm, went into store on friday12th oct to say it wasnt working they said oh data and bbm hasnt been added to your contract we will do it now, said it would be working within 24 hours, 24 hours still not working, data all working! went into store again on the saturday and the o2 guru in he shop said oh we will will resend the settings bla bla and it WILL work within a few hours!!! it is now sunday and ive gone into store twice today, both times incredibly UNHELPFUL saying they cant do anything as it appears to be working on there system. They asked if i could go in again tommorow which i said i wasnt going to come in for the fourth day running!! any one know what i can do!?!

facebook app has also stopped working on my phone, dont really use it but it was working fully before! Ive done a bettery pull and  turned it on and off about 30 times!!

dont see the use in having a blackberry that i cant use bbm with!!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + PB 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BBM not working after O2 updating my minutes

Hi Sarah, and welcome!

Few things to try. Skip to next if already done.

1. Battery pull: with BB fully powered on, remove battery, wait 30 seconds, then replace battery to start reboot. (Aka hard reset)

2. Register Now: Open Options app (wrench icon). Type host and select Host Routing Table. Click MENU key (i.e. BB logo left of trackpad) and select Register Now. After done, click ESC key until you've exited out. In your main Messages app, watch for 1-2 messages from your carrier and/or RIM. When received, do a battery pull.

3. Resend Service Books: Open Setup app/folder. Select Email Accounts, wait for initialization. Click MENU, select Service Books, select Send Service Books.

Please post back your success or lack thereof.

Twitter: @elite1_
Highlighted
My Device: blackberry 9300
My Carrier: o2

battery pull didnt work.

register now- i tried this but no message came through.

resend service books- says your device had a problem connecting to the server.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + PB 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

Ok thanks for detailed answers.

There's no point messing about with the settings anymore. Call O2. Not some store, but tech support.
And never bother talking to a store more than once about an issue. (I wouldn't speak to anyone at storefront level unless I had a trusted rep there.)

You've been bounced off your BB-specific data plan, aka BIS (for BlackBerry Internet Service).

Call cust serv # (from another phone) and ask them to forward you to support, BUT ask for support's direct line for next time, in case disconnected, etc.
When you speak to them, demand a ticket # if issue isn't resolved while you're on the phone. Ticket # is like file or incident # so anyone at O2 can track issue later if provided that number.

Twitter: @elite1_