Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
alis2012
My Device: Cuve 8520

BBM not working on Curve

Help!

BBM is driving me mad on the bosses Blackberry.  We've tried the hard re-set, restored it to factory settings and started again and also deleted the BBM app and reinstalled it but it still won't send or receive messages.

Can anyone please suggest what else I can do before I throw the stupid thing out of the window? !:smileymad:

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM not working on Curve

If it is a corporate BES (enterprise) device, is there an IT Policy blocking use of BlackBerry Messenger?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
alis2012

We're not corporate, just have a lot of phones! It was working fine up until this week and Vodafone haven't been able to help, did their diagnostic things and now they're telling me I have to go through here to find an answer as it's third party software!
JSanders

1. Vodafone is a pushing a pile bovine poo on you. BlackBerry Messenger is NOT a third party application, it's a core BlackBerry app. So first, I'd say call back and get a supervisor on the phone and "help" them understand one of their snotty-nosed know-it-alls needs re-training. You are paying them for support, and any issue which they cannot resolve they are supposed to escalate direct to RIM level tech support. This Forum is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. 

2. On the BlackBerry in question, please look at the Manage Connections screen > Services Status. What is the status of the BlackBerry Internet Service AND the BlackBerry Enterprise Service?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
alis2012

I find anyone at Vodafone useless!

The service status are -

Mobile Voice - Available

Blackberry Internet Service - Not connected

Blackberry Enterprise Server - Not connected

The Wi-fi is on and working - what next, any ideas?

JSanders

• Does your email work on this device?
  • Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider?

You must, in order to get BlackBerry Messenger, RIM push email functions you are looking for, as well as additional BlackBerry data services such as the internet browser, Facebook for BlackBerry, and much more.

So, call your carrier and inquire about having the BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates