Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
abalala
My Device: Curve 9360

BBM not working

a few weeks ago my bbm stopped working completely. i couldnt send any messages, couldnt receive. it was basically just taking up space on my phone. i was using bbm 6 and at the time i thought that the problem was that i was running an outdated version of bbm. i unistalled 6 and installed 7 but now its stuck on "associating BBM with blackberry ID". can anyone suggest a possible solution. this was the first blackberry i have ever used and i have to say it will definitely be the last. aside from the problem with bbm (which judging by the posts seem to be numerous) i have had to experience frequent system freezes, restarts and an overall incompetent device. if RIM think that supplying faulty products is the way to get back their ever decreasing market share they are sorely mistaken. im just waiting to finish my contract and then im never using a blackberry again. if anyone can help me id be extremely grateful

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: BBM not working

See this thread for a fix for that error:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/bbm7-won-t-associate-with-my-blac...

I see you've been having issues with your phone.  Have you ever had the software reloaded on it?

If you want, I can help you with this or the store can do it for you too.

My Device: Curve 9360

sorry but your solution has not worked. i have not reloaded my software. maybe that would work

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Several solved threads - give them a quick read for solutions
http://tinyurl.com/b7koeof