Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
Erin0413
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

BBM pin change?

Hello,

I am writing today to ask you about a problem I have been having for the last couple days to do with my BBM pin. Around 2am on Tues Oct the 2nd I started getting a lot of people adding me to BBM. I figured someone posted theirs on facebook and made a typo so I ignored it for a couple hours and just blocked everyone adding me. It continued though and started to get really exsessive (upwards of 100 people and climbing) at that point I added one of them to ask the person if they could tell their friends to stop adding me and to get the person who posted it to post the correct pin number. He told me that my pin was on a chain email called the BBM train and copy and pasted it into our conversation, it was an email written in Turkish with hundreds of BBM pins on them. I have never posted my BBM pin anywhere online before so it was a rather large shock to see this. My service provider is Rogers so I just contacted them about maybe getting my pin changed as this is a very dangerous situation and a very frustrating one. They told me that every pin is individual to the divice and so I would have to get a new phone but they also gave me an email address which did not work to see if you can do anything for me. Is there any way at all to get my pin changed?

Thank you for your consideration

Erin

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: BBM pin change?

The pin is unique to each device and cannot be changed by the user. The device would have to be sent in for refurbishment in order to change the pin.

This forum, however, is not staffed by RIM personnel for support. It is a peer-to-peer support community sponsored by RIM for users like us to help each other.

For any support from RIM you need to go through your carrier.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
abhisheksureka
My Device: Not Specified

hi

i had given my handset for repairing. post repairing that was changed. If it is linked to hardware then any changes to software would not lead to change in the PIN.

Is repairer changed my internal device?
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

A new pin means they either replaced or refurbished the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
abhisheksureka

is this means that they have changed internal hardware? 

Guru I
John_Clark

They either reprogrammed the device with a new PIN or gave you new internal hardware, or a new device altogether. There's no way for me to know from here. The end result is the same, your pin has changed.
Contributor
abhisheksureka

they have changed new internal system with the old system.
Guru I
John_Clark

Some repair facilities have the ability to reprogram the device with a new pin. I do not know whether you got a new device or whether they reprogrammed it with a new pin. There is no way for anyone here to know that. You would need to ask the repair facility to which you sent the device.