Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
crankydragon
My Device: blackberry curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: orange/EE

BBM

Hi I've never needed to use the BBM before now, but as we have bought our daughter a Blackberry for Christmas we are currently setting everything up so its all systems go Christmas day.

I have a 9300 with all details set up for BBM, but I go onto BBM the ID username has one letter missing which I always change, then I input my password, I am now on my 9th chance and dare not try again as I'm unsure what will happen when I've run out of chances, when the password is put in and ok'd I get a message to put in username associated with the device. Is this because there is a letter missing in the original address. All is correct when I look at set up and also online through PC. Just can't get started with phone would love some help

many thanks in anticipation

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: BBM

Check the knowledge base articles to resolve your issue -

• KB26361 How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password
  • KB28685 How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question
  • KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address
  • KB28060 How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on the BlackBerry ID website

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crankydragon

hi thanks managed to change user name but when ive gone into options to try to change details on my phone clicked save it asks for blackberry password when ive put this in it said that it was invalid. I am now on my last attempt. i dare not even attempt to try to log onto BBM because if it denies either then Ive lost my last attempt . what happens if this happens

thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Did you forget your password? If so then try password reset KB article.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crankydragon

no password is fine as i can log on, on pc with no problems. what happens if my 10th attempt fails no one has  answered that yet, or am I the only wally to get to that stage

thanks Sara

Please use plain text.