Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: cogeco

BBWorld WiFi adventures

The only reason (for me) to connect my cell phone to BBWorld is to buy an app.  In this process I browse with my computer to decide which one(s) I will get, and then log on and buy.  When I try to do this I often get the message that BBWorld cannot be loaded because I am not connected to a WiFi network.  This is nonsense because in fact I can go to any other site at will.  

What works is to download and install the BBWorld software.  Even though I already have the latest version, downloading and reinstalling will gives immediate access to BBWorld.  A few days later this might have to be done over again but it is not a big problem.  There must be some kind of bug in the BB software.  Anyway, this works for me, YMMV

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BBWorld WiFi adventures

Hi notam,

I'd just like to clarify one thing. Are you getting the Wi-Fi error message when you are trying to access BlackBerry App World from your computer at www.blackberry.com/appworld?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

The message I get is that MyWorld cannot load because I am not connected to the internet. This is when I am logged  on to BBWorld so it does not make sense.  But downloading and reinstalling BBWorld solves the problem - though so far not permanently.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Ok, so you are getting this message on your BlackBerry smartphone. Is this correct?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes. Just to clarify. It is when I am on the BB web site and want to go to BBWorld that I will get this message.  So if I download and reinstall BBWorld, and reboot the phone, everything works fine, but only for a day or two and then it is the same routine over again.  Since I don't actually need to get onto BBWorld very often this is not a major deal, but it is funny that I am on the web and am told I am not connect to the web.