Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
Accepted Solution

BBm Group

Hi All,

I have the Blackberry Curve.  In BBM I have a "Group" that shows 0/1 contacts but it shows no contacts in the list.  It does not show anyone in the group, but I can not delete the group.  I think this is what is messing me up with one contact.  How can I get the group to show no contacts (0/0) so I can remove the group?

Thanks

Joe

Joe
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: BBm Group

Hello and WelcSmiley Happyme to the FSmiley Happyrums!

Can you highlight the group and press your menu key (button to left of trackball) then press delete? 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

When I highlight the Group and select menu it does not give me the option to Delete.  I believe it is because the contact count shows 0/1 instead of 0/0, but nothing shows up in the list.
Joe
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

It has been my experience, with all of my recent problems with BB Messenger, that the default "CONTACTS" group can be renamed, but not deleted.  You can only edit or delete groups that you make beyond the default group.

I don't know how many contacts you have in your messenger, but if it's only a few, I would recommend connecting to Desktop Manager/Application Loader and deleting the entire application and reinstalling it.

If you backup your data first and selectively repopulate your contacts from that data file, you will probably end up with the same 0/1 problem.

Contributor

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I think the problem has been resolved.  I had one problem contact, after deleting them and then having them add me, I was able to move them out of the Group, I then delted them as a contact, and then deleted the group. I was able to back and add them back to my contacts.  Everything seems to be working now.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Joe

Joe
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Great JSmiley Happye!

Have a good day! Enjoy the blackberry

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy