Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BES, PDF and OS4.5

Hello all.

In our company we have some BB83xx and a BES 4.1.6. They have all been updated to OS4.5 from OS4.3, and even if there are several new good features, the one all our users miss the most is viewing pdf.

With OS4.3 we could open a pdf attachment and select, from the menu, "whole document" (the proper name might be wrong, since I'm translating it from as it is in the Italian localization). Doing this, we could zoom in and read clearly all the parts of the pdf.

Now with OS4.5 we can't find this feature, neither a "get it better" option. Hence, we zoom in but we keep on seeing the pdf really unfocused.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I'd need to configure server-side? Am I missing any setup in the handheld?

We are really frustrated about this missing feature, and we honestly don't want to buy a third part software for replacing something that out BB natively offered before the update of the OS.

Thank you for your help,

Luca

New Developer

Re: BES, PDF and OS4.5

Please, allow me a "up", then I leave this post. Thanks!
Visitor

did you solve this problem?
New Developer

Hello doornbos1.

Unfortunately I haven't solved the problem. Actually I don't use aBB myself, only my colleagues do. Anyway, they told me, after several tests, that if you just zoom and wait, you should get a better resolution image of the pdf. It's just that this way to work is far slower than the old "Get full image" way.

Regular Contributor

What OS are you running on the devices? If lower than current maybe consider upgrading the OS.

Just my 2c worth.

My Blackberry keeps blue screening on me.
New Developer

We're using OS4.5, and actually the problem happened with this OS. With OS4.3 there was a "whole document" option while viewing a pdf, feature no more available in OS4.5.

Fact is that the benefits of OS4.5 are enough to make worth the update.

Visitor

I had the same the issue, until I figured out how to do it. 1 Open the pdf. 2 Press the menu and select zoom. 3 Scroll with the track ball up and down until you get the size you prefer. 4 Press the track ball. 5 Use the track ball (up,down,right,and left) to maneuver around in the pdf.
New Developer

Thank you, mr fun.

Your method works: I've found it as well. The only thing is this is slower than the former "get whole page" option, but anyway this is the only thing we can do. I have a 8900 as personal phone and this option works definitely better.