Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
li-kburns
My Device: Not Specified

BES Sync

Now that we have BES running, most services appear to be working well.  I get email and calendar entires from our Exchange server.  The updates only appear to be one-way though.  If I create or delete calendar entries on the device, the changes do not sync to Exchange.  The BES administrator says bi-directional sync is enabled.  How can I get bi-directional calendar sync to work?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
twisbtw

Re: BES Sync

that....is bobo

i am having the same problem. bi-directional calendar is not working 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

Hello,

Under messages/address book/etc bring up options-> Wireless reconciliation and ensure wireless reconciliation is set to yes.

Under messages also check Delete on is Mailbox and handheld (so deleteing is sync'ed both ways) and On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins (the BB is supposed to be the Copy of the data not the primary source!)

Hope that helps! 

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Please use plain text.
Contributor
li-kburns

[ Edited ]
Thanks, but all of those things were set that way already. I know the wireless sync was working too, because calendar entries were making it from exchange to the device.
Message Edited by li-kburns on 05-29-2008 09:56 AM
Please use plain text.
cmb411

I am having the same issue.  The blackberry curve is able to receive all the updates FROM the BES wirelessly including Calendar updates made on microsoft outlook web access, tasks made on MS outlook webaccess etc.  ALL updates made using the web interface from a PC onto the server do indeed show up on the BB curver.

HOWEVER, when you make a new calendar entry on the BB curve it does NOT update the server.

Does any read these boards?

How do we diagnose the issue, what tools are available to see what indeed is happening on the handheld or on the server?  Are there any logs which I can read on the server?  I am the server administrator, so its okay, you can tell us what to do here...

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
jkon

I have had this problem a few times as well, and notice that the BB must be receiving mail for the same account the calendar runs on, and also that the user must not be hidden from the GAL on the exchange side. 

Please use plain text.