Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
corrisaurus
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9320
My Carrier: 3 UK

BES but no BIS

I got myself a brand new Blackberry Curve 9320 with a PAYG SIM from a catalogue to replace my broken phone. I was super excited when it arrived... until I tried to set up my email.

From the word go, the email account setup page has only given me the option to enter BES details. I don't have them. It's a (supposedly) brand new handset from a sealed box with all the protective plastic still on. I don't even have a job, for chrissakes, I'm a single mother to my two disabled children.

So I set up everything else. I logged into my 3 account and got the Blackberry Add-On, which is active. I've got a Blackberry ID, my BBM all set up, social networking accounts in full swing, a fully functioning browser, the works. Except email. 

I've tried numerous hard resets and factory resets through both the handset and the desktop manager. I've had three texts from 3 telling me my handset is registered to the network and I'm still being asked for BES details without even the option for BIS setup. 

As an added annoyance, when I connected my handset to BB Desktop Manager, it came up with the handset phone number and it was neither the number matching MY SIM or the PAYG one that came with the phone.

Please, help me! How do I get rid of this BES nonsense and set up my Gmail?! You could probably argue that it's just as easy for me to get in through the browser, but it's the **bleep** principle of owning a Blackberry that won't let me access my emails.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BES but no BIS

Hello corrisaurus

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you call or Contact your Carrier 3 to know if you have a full BIS which include emails services ? Please confirm it first with your Carrier .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.