Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
AbysmalCraig
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

BIS Not working on Curve 9300

The blackberry Internet service is not connecting even if I switch to WIFI it still says 'Not Connected'

I have a blackberry curve 9300 and I have done everything you can think of to it, Hard reboot, soft reboot, full factory reset and I have just finished updating every single bit of firmware I can find and still nothing. 

I have contact vodafone (My Carrier) and they have told me to get in contact with blackberry support as there is nothing more they can do for me! They checked every part of my account and told me that it should be working and they dont know why it isnt! 

Any help on this would be greatly appriciated as I am pulling out my hair!

Craig

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AbysmalCraig

Re: BIS Not working on Curve 9300

UPDATE

After speaking at length with Vodafone, It turns out that my handset isn't registering with the network. They (and myself) are at a loss as to how this is happening.

They told me a method of manually registering my handset no the network but it doesn't seem to have fixed anything. Looks like after 4 months this handset is knackered and I.m going to go out of pocket to get a new one.

This just proves that when blackberry moved it factory overseas the quality of the phones got worse.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,890
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BlackBerry devices have always (for quite some years) been built "overseas". I guess that could be according to where you're located as to "over" which sea.

But Mexico, Taiwan and Canada are all over "overseas" from some point on the planet.

I doubt your hardware is knackered. Normally there is either a glitch in the network provisioning on the network end (perhaps remove your account, add it back) or in the IMEI provisioning. Sometimes, it's a local tower issues, along.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,890
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

AbysmalCraig wrote:

I have contact vodafone (My Carrier) and they have told me to get in contact with blackberry support as there is nothing more they can do for me! Craig

Craig, if Vodafone wanted you to speak with "BlackBerry Support" they would specifically "escalate" your issue  direct to BlackBerry technical support, through their channels. You would receive an incident number and a phone as well.

If Vodafone has not provided that, you have a call to make. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AbysmalCraig

Turns out that I got an inexperienced member of staff.

If anyone gets the same issue as me just phone your carrier and preserver as it does seem to be an issue with the carrier
Please use plain text.