Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
JuanHS
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Cell C

BIS doesn't work on 9360 but does on other phones!PLEASE HELP!

My brother gave me his Blackberry Curve 9360, with BIS still working. I added BIS to my mtn topup 50 as an extra, and BIS won’t work. It works on my curve 8520, but for some reason won’t work on the 9360. My brother was cell c, so I figured out if it wasn’t maybe that it was locked to cell c carrier, but it isn’t. I have wiped the phone a few times, even removed the OS and restored it, but BIS still doesn’t work. Please Help Me, I have been at mtn already and they don’t know what’s wrong!!!! Kind Regards Juan Swanepoel
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BIS doesn't work on 9360 but does on other phones!PLEASE HELP!

Hi there Juan,

In some cases, the PIN is locked to the prior carrier for some time. It may resolve itself in a couple of days, or you may need to get your brother to call Cell C to have them release the PIN from their network. It should then be able to start working on MTN.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.