Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
tanzdevil
My Carrier: vodafone IN

Re: BIS problem

I have a prepaid sim...I will recharge again n try....
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi tanzdevil

If you have a pre-paid Sim then first check your Balance or you can activate any lower Plan .

tanzdevil wrote:
Thanx for the help...jst 1 last que , if u don't have a BIS plan then will there be entries in the HRT?????

You may have but those may not be related to BIS, When you activate BIS your Carrier will push those Service Book to your device . 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tanzdevil
My Carrier: vodafone IN

Today I tried again but it is showing the same message dat correct the code and send it to 144....I don't understand???? Do u have any idea why my ""edge"" is in lowercase???? N does this lowercase affect the activation of any BB plan????

Thank you
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi tanzdevil

If you are constantly getting that error then jsut visit any nearest Vodafone Customer Care and do the same in front of them or talk to them personally to activate BIS on your pre-paid account , If your device is OK then the process is very simple , So first Contact them personally .

When your device got registered and BIS is active on your account then you will notice "  EDGE " on your Homescreen, Lowercase simply means that Plan are not actiavted on your account.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
immysage
My Carrier: etisalat

hi guys pls my bold 9900 doesn't ping, its not showing the BIS sign after an upgrade, i tried all i could even install different os like 7.0, 7.1 but all to no avail, meanwhile if i insert my sim in another blackberry phone it shows the BIS netwrk and wrks perfect pls help 

Please use plain text.