Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8530

BLACKBERRY 8520 SHOWING SOS

[ Edited ]

Help! I am unable to get any connection (SIGNAL) on my blackberry curve and only showing SOS on the top right corner of my phone,, can anyone help me out...

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8900

Re: BLACKBERRY 8520 SHOWING SOS

remove the battery and sim, re insert it.. or else go to the menu.. try to connect to the network manually

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8530

A,ve tried removing the battery plus sim card and reinserting again,, Also a've tried goin to the menu and doing a manual search but I am getting an error message ' Scan for networks timed out ' - Plzz help..

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8900

this sounds strange,, 

please put another sim card if u are getting signal on that.. we can say the problem is with ur simcard or carrier.. if u ar not getting signal on that also.. consult with ur service person,  ask for a solution.... i think a os renistall will fix it.. but consult ur service person first

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

I am facing the same problem. Whenever i try to select network manually it gives time out error. What can be done.?

I contacted my Service provider and they say there is no issue from there side. Also, my sim runs successfully in other phones. Plzzz help... 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

Tried a different sim in your phone?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi... i have tried a different sim of the same carrier.. but even that doesn't work.. do you mean to say i should try sim of some other carrier?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

Sdeora,

Well even a different sim of the same carrier is not working then yeah try another sim with a different carrier. Also please make sure you have not kept the 3G network in "ON". I hope you phone doesn't have that option.

Try it and let me know.

New Contributor

I have tried another sim of different carrier as well its not working still shows SOS signal.