Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

BLACKBERRY CURVE 8520 HEADPHONE JACK NOT WORKING

Whenever I plug in my headphones to my Blackberry Curve 8520, the speaker icon at the bottom of the audio player (if you were on the Now Playing page) flashes to the headphones icon for a second and then back to the speaker icon, and no sound is heard.

Usually when it works it stays at the head phone icon. But now I don't think that it's recognising my headphones.

Help! And yes I have checked my headphones are working

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: BLACKBERRY CURVE 8520 HEADPHONE JACK NOT WORKING

Hello eltho, 

Welcome to the forums. 

In this case we can try to reload the software on the BlackBerry® smartphone to make sure it is running the latest version and there are no issues with the OS.

Here is how to backup your BlackBerry smartphone http://bbry.lv/oPVWXc

Once you have backed up your BlackBerry smartphone please follow the link below to complete a clean reload of the BlackBerry smartphone software.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03621

Once completed test it and proceed with a selective restore, here is how to restore http://bbry.lv/qgQxLo

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Personal (Argentina)

Hi,

I have the same problem. I just reinstalled the OS and it persists. Basically, the phone no longer recognizes my headphones (which it did up to last Thursday and work on other devices) and erratically recognizes a different set of headphones.

That is. If I plug the native headphones in, the phone does not react: it plays music thru the speaker and the icon for the headphones does not appear. If I use the other set, the headphones icon will appear... even after unplugging it. Thus I believe it's some sort of software issue, not hardware. However, as I said, I've tried reinstalling the OS as specificed here and that did not solve this particular issue,

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Personal (Argentina)

New update: I've tried hooking some standard earphones (no microphone) to the phone and it recognizes them to play music (not for calls). I took them out and the phone recognizes them as still plugged in. So I plugged the BB headset in, and it works to listen to music, but not for calls.