07-11-2012 12:49 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
How, exactly, are you performing this attempted update? Wireless over the air? Tethered to a PC using Desktop Software? Tethered to a PC using the update website? Something else? There are many ways, so exactness from you is needed. Depending on your answer, your recovery steps may be different.
Also, are you able to abort and use your BB normally? Or is it really stuck there and you can do nothing else?
Thanks and let us know!
07-12-2012 09:24 AM
07-12-2012 09:33 AM
OS 6is loaded to the phone. That is bundle 1879and the update is for bundle 2475. It backs up evering and goes on counting then stops at 453. It has been doing this since last 2011.
07-12-2012 09:45 AM
OS 6is loaded to the phone. That is bundle 1879
The best way to compare OS versions is via this method rather than the bundle number:
and the update is for bundle 2475
But, is that OS package installed to your PC? Or, did you allow the Desktop Software to automatically find it as an available update for you?
It backs up evering and goes on counting then stops at 453.
Hmmm...so it completes the backup? Or the backup is in process, and somehow fails at "453"? Can you provide the exact and complete information you see on the screen please? It's a bit too much guesswork to figure out what you are seeing...I ask because, if there is something specific, there will be a specific remedy to attempt...but, from just "453", I cannot tell if it is indeed that specific thing I am thinking of.
07-12-2012 09:57 AM
It says the following:
Please wait while your Blackberry device software is being updated.
Backup : Complete (with a tick)
Install: --> Downloaded module 453 of 486
(Then it stops there for ever till i force it stop )
07-12-2012 10:51 AM
Alright...you've skipped over some of my questions, so I'm just going to give you all of the guesses I've got...you will need to weed through this to figure out what applies to your specific situation (if any).
Cleanly restart with Desktop Software:
I suggest this thread:
It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.
There are two methods of recovery for you to try:
Proper preparation and use of the Desktop Software for an OS Update:
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.