Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
esteyn
My Device: Blackberry curve 9320

BLACKBERRY CURVE 9320

I've got my BB the first week in November.

I am very happy with the phone except for the battery life.

My battery only lasts max 6-7 hours.  I have done everything that I can find on the internet to save battery power but still it lasts only 6-7 hours if I am lucky.

Recently I notice that my phone also get very hot and I am not using it at all.  It lust lie on my desk.

Can somebody please help me.  I have read that some of the BB curve 9320 phone have exploded.

Thanks and I am waiting the hear from you guys. Please resond to my mail address: steyn.elna3@gmail.com

Elna Steyn

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BLACKBERRY CURVE 9320

Elna, the rumor of the exploding 9320 has not been proven valid. The dude can't even find the device or melted stuff any longer. Very fishy story. I also read of a unicorn buying cotton candy.

Please hold down your Menu key for two seconds.

Tell me what all icons you see pop up?

5. etc

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
esteyn
My Device: Blackberry curve 9320

1 home

2 browser

3 phone

4 BBM

5 Messages

Contributor
-xXx-
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320

Well, I guess this battery problem is true to all 9320. I have one and battery will not last that long. But what i did to maximize the battery usage on my phone are:

1) Close all the applications that are not in use. Remember, pressing the power button to go back to the home page does not close the app. I will just minimize it. To close it, you have to press menu(BlackBerry Logo), scroll down and select close, or just by pressing the back button(in between the track pad and the power button) until you will go back to the home screen. Pressing and holding the menu button(BlackBerry Logo) will help you check the open apps on your phone.

2)Turn off the Mobile Networks if not in use and just turn it on if you want to use it again.

On my case, it works fine with those things ive mentioned above and the battery will last longer than 8 hours. Smartphones really consumes battery faster than just basic phones because of the running apps that you might not close even if not in use.

Hope this will help! :smileyhappy:

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

True, smartphones do consume a lot of battery. That's the nature of the best.

I'd advise getting an additional charger and topping off the charge even just a few minutes in the day, 10-20 minutes can extend you a few more hours use.  Additionally, draining these batter to 5-15% is not good, it will end the life of the battery much quicker.

Here are some good charging and battery use tips, please read and you'll see that many of them will apply to you.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Maximum_Battery_Life
And here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Community-Post/Power-Saving-Tips-for-your-BlackBer...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code