Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
iammasheena13
My Device: Curve 9360

BLACKBERRY CURVE 9360

I bought my blackberry curve 9360 three months ago. At first, it was awesome but one day (December 16, 2012) it started to get hot and the battery drains very fast. Even if I'm not using it, it's very hot. I close all the applications. Mobile network was the one that I turned on. The battery lasts for 30 minutes. I went to the store where I bought my curve they said that the device is not grounded, maybe the problem is the battery. After one week of observation, I decided to bought an extra battery so that it will not be hot anymore. After a week again, I observed that it will still the same. I decided to turn off the mobile network. It's not hot anymore now, the battery is not draining so fast. What am I going to do with this? The most important thing for me here is the MOBILE NETWORK because Im using it everyday. If I'll turn it on, it will go back to the old times like getting hot and draing so fast. PLEASE ANSWER ME ASAP!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BLACKBERRY CURVE 9360

Hi Iammasheena13

Can you confirm you have a strong network signal or a very low signal strength .In addition what is your present device OS version ,OS 6 – 7 = Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line.

You can try updating your Device Software if any Updates are available,have you done that ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
iammasheena13

-I have a strong network signal.

-7.0 Bundle 1555 (v7.0.0.319, Platform 8.0.0.359

-OS 7

-I don't know how to update my Device Software. :smileysad: Can you help me? Please.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
iammasheena13

Please help me :smileysad: I dont know what to do. Its my first time using Blackberry that's why I dont know everything about it :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi iammasheena13

Currently Your Carrier Globe Telecom has not released OS 7.1 for your device model but they have 7.0.0.557 for your device ,still I prefer you should try OS 7.1 for your device using another carrier OS pack and see if that help in resolving your issue , If you want that then follow those instructions :Before doing any update do a device backup and also Uninstall any OS pack from your PC if you have install .

1. Download the OS you desire from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop Carriers or OS 7.1 from  7.1.0.523 from XL Indonesia

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.   

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

KB10339How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file.

Please try it and let us know if you feel any problem.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
iammasheena13

I'm still a student. I dont have a job. How can I download it?:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
iammasheena13

Sorry, Your session has expired. Please close your browser and try again or re-enter from the link in which you were provided. -It didnt work :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

iammasheena13 wrote:

Sorry, Your session has expired. Please close your browser and try again or re-enter from the link in which you were provided. -It didnt work :smileysad:

Hi iammasheena

You are taking too much time to fill that information , it will allow you to download even if you are a student,Please try it again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
iammasheena13

Im sorry. Im downloading it now. Thanks! Am I going to connect my phone to my laptop while downloading it?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi iammasheena13

Its OK ,go ahead and let us know of your results.And please no hurry just follow all those steps and it will definetly work.

Please use plain text.