Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
iammasheena13
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: BLACKBERRY CURVE 9360

Please dont log out. 1 hour left of downloading. Thanks! You're so nice. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

iammasheena13 wrote:

Please dont log out. 1 hour left of downloading. Thanks! You're so nice. 

Hey iammasheena

No worries! This forums is very supportive ,If I fail to resolve your issue my senior friends will come up to help. and also just post in the same thread I will get the message :smileyhappy:

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
iammasheena13

Thank you so much. You're so nice. Uhm, the steps is not that clear to me.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi iammashenna13

Feel free to ask if you have any problem. Just follow from step 1, I prefer download 7.1 from XL indonesia then Install that on your PC by double clicking on the file that you had download. it will install the OS on your PC , then if you are using win7 ,change your folder options to show hidden files ( Click on My Computer > Organise > Folder and serach Options > Click on view > then Click on Show hidden files , folders,drives > then apply ) it will allow you to view if any VENDOR .XML file is hidden. just delete it .then go to the Location mentioned on step 4 and click on Loader .exe ( Phone icon ) it will pop up a screen and follow the on screen direction ,it will update your device OS . Its not so confusing just try it  :smileyhappy:

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
iammasheena13

The  BlackBerry Desktop Software downloaded already but the is not yet done. Im using Windows XP..

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi iammasheena13

Its good if you have Desktop software already install , But please note , on windows XP , first to to control panel > Add or remove programme > make sure that on other RIM device software is installed on your pc except the recent one that you have download and installed on your PC right now.

Also After Installing the OS files for XP it might be > My Computer > Folder Options > Click on show hidden files and folder then save . then search the location as mentioned and delete those two or three VENDOR .XML files.

Then follow step 4 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
iammasheena13

make sure that on other RIM device software is installed on your pc except the recent one that you have download and installed on your PC right now. -- I dont get this one. Everything was downloaded successfully..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
iammasheena13

I cant find the vendor.xml

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi iammasheena13

If you have installed the OS pack on your PC then Go to : C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ( from there delete those VENDOR . XML files. ) 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
iammasheena13

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader I can't find this.. I went to ther store where I bought my device this afternoon. They said that I must observe it for few days, is its still the same they will send it to Singapore to fix it. Because I already have the warranty. Is it right that I'll just send it to Singapore? Because I dont know how to fix it here properly..

Please use plain text.