Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ssmassy
My Device: Blackberry 9320 Curve

Backlighting for keypad

Just bought a BB Curve 9320 to tide me over whilst my BB Torch is being repaired.  Both smart phones suffer the same problem in-that, after so long the lighting under the keys goes off>  Is there a way to turn this on as & when needed?

Pat M-D
Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Backlighting for keypad

Hello ssmassy,

Thank you for your question regarding the keyboard lighting on your BlackBerry smartphone.

The keyboard should only appear as lit under low lighting while the BlackBerry smartphone screen is active. 

There is currently no manual setting to force the lighting of the keyboard to stay on.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
ssmassy

Thanks for your reply.  I've just been sitting in a gloomy room trying to reply but needed a torch to see what I was typing.  Surely that can't be right can it?  Maybe a fault with my Curve as I had to come back to my desktop PC to send!

Regards ssmassy

Pat M-D
Ronie6779
My Device: Curve 9320

+Go to settings
+go to screen display
+scroll down to Backlight time out
+Adjust time to 20 sec
+exit and save

That should do.
New Contributor
ssmassy

Thanks for your suggestion .  I tried but could'nt seem to get that to work.  I've set it back to 2 minutes.  On my BB Torch I can however, get the backlight  to come on if I wiggle the open slide about a bit but don't have that luxury on the Curve model & would like to find a way as, of course the Curve does'nt have that option.

Pat M-D
Bussie
My Device: 9320

Same problem #TAG bussie here only when I restart the phone will the keypad light come on then the whole way its dead like D. E. A. D