Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: United Mobile

Backup Contacts

Hello. My BB 9300 Curve has been stuck whenever I switch my phone on. The 'loading' clock appears and eventhough the main menu is displayed, i cannot access it. My phone has been backed up using the 'Quick' backup option but not Synced. My question is that if I wipe my phone and reinstall the phone's software, wll the 'Quick' backup include my contacts?

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Re: Backup Contacts

not sure... try to have the full backup of the device whenever you wipe the device. . 

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Try starting up your device in Safe Mode, and delete any third party applications while in Safe mode.

Then, reboot your device  with a battery pull and try the normal mode again.

Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: United Mobile

I tried starting my phone in Safe Mode but even after opening in Safe Mode the loading clock isn't going. Please advise since my phone isn't even responding properly to Desktop Manager, have to connect reconnect multiple times for it to get "connected" and for me to be able to access Backup/Sync options..

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Try connecting to the PC and the Desktop Software... and removing and putting in the battery at that time.

You can also try the same, with connected to the PC and open the browser to blackberry.com/upgrades and click on the update button when you insert the battery.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code