Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
janipani
My Device: curve 8310

Battery Drain On Curve

I'm not running any chat programs, and only have Gmail, Google Search, running, along with the basic applications, including Telenav.  My battery charge won't last 8 hours, and the phone isn't 2 weeks old yet.  Any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
janipani

Re: Battery Drain On Curve

Would having GMail Mobile Update cause battery drain?  Notsure what else to eliminate or what could be causing the drain.  Can't last 8 hour day without drained battery.  Any help would be appreciated.  Janice
Please use plain text.
Contributor
htankin
My Device: Not Specified

There may be programs running in background. Do an ALT and Return (the arrow button to the right of the track ball) and hold it down. You will see several icons..call log, browser, messenger, messages, and home stay active. If there are any others you should close.  Also be sure to check if Bluetooth is running in background.

Have been using my 8330 for 10 days with 3 e-mail accounts active and a decent amount of phone activity.  I'm getting anywhere from 24 to 48 hours on a charge. However, if I run Bluetooth it's substantially less.

Harry 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
speedy231278

Have been experiencing similar issues since the data service was activated on our new phones (8310s).  Didn't realise that the apps didn't actually close in the closed sense if you just closed them on the screen.  I figured the drain would likely be something to do with the GPS, hopefully the tip above will go some way to extending the life.  I'll bet that no-one ever manages the claimed number of days standby, isn't it something daftly optimistic like 17???
Please use plain text.
renelle67

I tried the Alt + Return. All it does is lock my phone (keyboard lock)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
janipani

The tip about the alt+escape (return) key did the trick for me.  All kinds of stuff were running in the background, and the 8310 was out of power after 4-5 hours after being fully charged.  Thanks bunches for the tip.

I don't use the PUSH TO TALK feature, but it remains active in the background.  Is that normal?  Can't seem to find a way to close that feature.

Janice

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
speedy231278

The tip worked great for me - I haven't had to charge the phone for days!

Please use plain text.
Developer
ranchwest

How do I get Push to Talk off of the list? The only thing I've been able to do with it is get a dialog to come up that says "PTT charges will apply. Do you wish to initialize PTT?" I'm not planning to use PTT, so I'd like to stop this from running.
Please use plain text.
Developer
ranchwest

I didn't accept the solution. While this thread was quite helpful, it didn't tell me how to turn off PTT.
Please use plain text.
Andy

ranchwest wrote:
I didn't accept the solution. While this thread was quite helpful, it didn't tell me how to turn off PTT.

Hi ranchwest

You should be able to remove it as an Accepted Solution by going to the options at the top right of the post and "Unmark as Accepted Solution".

Any issues please let me know

Andy 

Please use plain text.