Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Developer
ranchwest
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Battery Drain On Curve

Andy, I don't have that option.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jhags

Embarrassingly, I don't know how to turn off the programs that are running in the background.  How do I do this?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
speedy231278

If you use the alt-enter combination to bring up the active applications, you can select the one that you wish to close by highlighting it and letting go of the alt key.  The use the menu button to the left of the trackball to get the application's menu up, and select close/exit.
Please use plain text.
Developer
ranchwest

[ Edited ]

Okay, bring up PTT and press menu. Nothing happens. You can't close it. It is always there. It always asks if you want to initialize PTT, yes or no.

I know I don't want to use PTT at this time. I don't want the possibility of accidentally initializing it (and then having to pay for it).

I want to turn it off. I don't want it draining my battery for something I have no intention of using! This is supposed to be MY device (I bought it) -- sometimes I wonder.

Message Edited by ranchwest on 06-12-2008 02:32 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
origamigirl

I have an 8310 - and I have read all the suggestions offered to prevent my battery drain.  Also took the phone to the AT&T store and no one knew how to fix the battery drain.  I will not be using the Push to Talk feature - thinking this may be part of the battery drain problem.  And can not get it off my active applications (Alt + Return).  How do I remove this application from my phone?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mandograss
My Device: 8310 Curve

I'm a newbie, I've had my 8310 for about a month. So anytime I open an app. I will need to always hit menu and close each time I use it or it will continue to run in the background? in otherwords if I open my calendar to install a date I will have to click menu first and then close? Please pardon my igorance. I'm running 4.5 OS AT&T
mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
origamigirl

Absolutely, my issue is that even tho I have never activated the Push to Talk feature and have tried to close it many times....it still remains in my active applications.  Very frustrating - because it surely is draining my battery. 

Please use plain text.
dubsud

[ Edited ]
Good Evening al!! I know of free download which allows you to remove quite a bit of preloaded software/themes. It is called MaxMem and is totally free. Be advised that you should do a complete backupo of your Berry before you play with this program. You can delelte PTT (push to talk), VAD (voice activated dialing), mobile services that are BES only, preloaded wallpapers, music samples and video and some pretty useless RIM tools that in my 3 rackberry years with BIS have never needed. Should you need to revert back to something, restore from your backup or download the newest device OS from RIM. Good luck, just Google and go>>>
Message Edited by dubsud on 07-24-2008 10:38 PM
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mandograss

How do you tell if the app (ptt) is running in the background? I just hid it with all the other stuff I don't use and don't bother it. How do you check if it's running? It ask if you want to intialize and I checked no, can it run if not intialized?
mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mandograss

I got the same problem. I understand a lot more now. I cannot get it to stop or close either. I hope we find a soloution to this. Im a little concerned about downloading other programs to wipe it as suggested. I think RIM should provide a way to cancel this app.
mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
Please use plain text.