Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

DanielP_0279
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Globe Philippines

Battery Overheating

I'd like to ask if the overheating of the battery whenever in Data Plan usage is a normal thing for BlackBerry 9220. I've purchased this a month or 2. Thank you in advance for answering this question!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Battery Overheating

Hello DanielP_0279

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

When we browse for a long session ,while download or playing music or games etc our BlackBerry devices may feel warm and  Yes it is normal .Look at this Article :

KB31531 : BlackBerry 7 smartphone may feel warm during use.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
DanielP_0279
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Globe Philippines

Thank you for answering. Maybe I'm just too paranoid. At times, I think it would explode 'cause it is hot. Is that even posiible?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

[ Edited ]

Hello Daniel_0279

I can understand your concern,there are few tips which if you follow I am sure you will get rid of this problem,

Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Please have a look at those Article I am sure it will help you a lot in overcoming your problems :

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

So go through this Knowledge Base and I hope it will help.

Prince

Please use plain text.