Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Battery Power drained way too fast!

Hi guys, it's me Ince again.

Now I've got a problem that I need fixed as soon a possible, and hopefully you guys can help me out here.
My Curve 8520 has been playing up for quite some time now. The screen keeps on going white, and will stay white until I place my charger in. It wastes way too much power. Now my lastest problem is this - I charge my phone, and on full charge I take it off. Then after 20 minutes of using it (or not) it goes white (the screen) and I need to charge it again. Any idea on how to fix this? Any suggestions will be helpful as I have really got no clue on how to fix this.

By the way, this has nothing to do with the battery. I've gotten a new battery and it's doing the same thing. If not..worse.
Anyway, thanks for reading!
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Battery Power drained way too fast!

Hello!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

My phone is currently in Safe Mode, I think iit was something I downloaded, a video or something. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll get back at you if I am still experiencing the same type of problem or anything similar.
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Telkomsel

My battery only last 6 hours. It sucks. And often my phone freezes, for minutes. all keys do not function. Only hard restart alt+shift+del is functioning. Should I format the OS?
Catch me at Rich Amor
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

hadingrh wrote:
My battery only last 6 hours. It sucks. And often my phone freezes, for minutes. all keys do not function. Only hard restart alt+shift+del is functioning. Should I format the OS?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, first I'd recommend that you read and try what is already offered in this thread...reloading your OS is much more drastic, and IMHO should be held in reserve until other means are first exhausted.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code