Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Curve 93000
My Carrier: Claro

Battery, Red Cross, Dead Blackberry...

Please help,

The other day my blackberry curve decided to die completely and will no longer turn on. When i plug it in i see a battery sign with a big red cross and then nothing happens. I've tried leaving it charging overnight, taking the battery out and placing it in every few hours but still nothing. I have even plugged it in to the desktop software on my Mac where it is not recognised. The software trys to repair the blackberry but it just never works, saying i have to try again.

Is there any hope left for this bb or is it time to give up? Smiley Sad

Regards,

Amy

P.S i'm living in south america at the moment so the chances of finding another battery the same is very slim, havent been able to rule the battery out yet. I have a blackberry pearl but although the battery fits, it does nothing.

New Contributor
My Device: BBC10
My Carrier: iphone

Re: Battery, Red Cross, Dead Blackberry...

that is really sucks,may something wrong with OS,how about restart it?

Apreciated
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

jpdukart wrote:

Please help,

The other day my blackberry curve decided to die completely and will no longer turn on. When i plug it in i see a battery sign with a big red cross and then nothing happens. I've tried leaving it charging overnight, taking the battery out and placing it in every few hours but still nothing. I have even plugged it in to the desktop software on my Mac where it is not recognised. The software trys to repair the blackberry but it just never works, saying i have to try again.

Is there any hope left for this bb or is it time to give up? Smiley Sad

Regards,

Amy

P.S i'm living in south america at the moment so the chances of finding another battery the same is very slim, havent been able to rule the battery out yet. I have a blackberry pearl but although the battery fits, it does nothing.

You need to rule out the battery before we can go any further.  You'll need to find a freind or a a cell phone store that can provide another battery to try in the device. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Virgin

Hi there

same with me but I found out waht to do from another thread - its the battery not making proper contact with the contacts on the phone

due to being dropped or something - or just no reason at all

so a bit of cardboard pushed into the phone at the other end of the battery may work - it has to be the same side as the contacts - opposite end - tp push them together

this is what worked for me

if you still have the phone  - try this and good luck 8 )

marcella