Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Wind

Battery completely drowned while the phone was off!

Hello everyone!

I'm a new user, and I recently (July) got a BlackBerry 9300 Curve, it wasn't new, my uncle had been using it before me but now it's mine and I must say he kept it as if it was new, which is pretty amazing!

Had absolutely no problems using the phone, (and that's why I am new even though I got the phone for about 5 months now) and had no problems with the battery, up until yesterday...

Two things, very strangely happened, the first is my phone turning itself off all of a sudden, with <20% battery (was about 15, or 17 can't really remember) and then needing to be plugged in my PC to charge itself, before I could turn it back on, and the second one happened today, I turned the phone off for the night, and it had 60% exact battery left, the following morning the battery was down to 2%!

If these were stupid problems, I wouldn't have posted them here, and I get my English could be annoying, because I'm not from either England or the US, but I hope a solution can be found, because these problems are really annoying, I use my BlackBerry alot, and need it operational, can't really trust a phone which turns off and then needs to be plugged in a PC or and electric power source all of a sudden, neither one which loses all of its battery life after being switched off!

Thank you in advance for the support, please help!

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Battery completely drowned while the phone was off!

Hey AMSatellite,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I would suggest backing up the BlackBerry smartphone and doing a clean reload of the BlackBerry device software as shown here: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320. Please test before restoring any data to the device.

If this resolves the issue do a selective restore of essential data (Address Book, Calendar, Task, Memos, BBM contacts etc.)
How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

If the issue still persists after the reload, further investigation might be required. To help further diagnose the cause, contact your wireless service provider or BlackBerry Technical Support Services for further review and support.

Thank you.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!