Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

kapilneema
My Device: Blackberry 8520

Battery drain very fast

Hi All,

Hope someone can assist.

I have had my BB Tour for about 2 years now with minimal issues

Over the past weekend, I noticed the battery of my phone was draining very fast. 
Up until then, no issues with the battery - normally my phone would not require charging for 1-2 days.

However my phone was fully charged Sat night and on Sunday morning, the phone was dead. When I charged it up again, I noticed the battery was dropping every half hour which is odd.

• I have the latest OS avail thru my carrier (I updated this over a year ago)
  • Not a heavy user so mostly use emails and text msg
  • No apps were open; did a battery pull and still the same issue
  • I have the data compression setting disabled
  • Did a reinsert of my memory card with a battery pull when the phone was on
  • Not aware of any tower issues/reception issues as when Im at work, have full bars
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Battery drain very fast

Hello kapilneema

Welcome to the Community

From the details you provided it seems you had already tried everything possible and steps required to get maximum out of the Battery.But you can try one last think If possible connect your device to BlackBerry Desktop Software and click on Update If any updates are available update your devicesoftware, Because as you said you had not done any update since one year.If no updates are available you can try to take a clean reload of your device software to rule out any Software issue.

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

If even after reloading your device software the problem appears then I think its time to replace your old Battery with a new one.So Good Luck.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.