Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

gorbell
My Device: Curve 8530

Re: Battery draining way too fast

I had the exact same problem, and here's how I solved it.  I downloaded a simple app from MobiHand called MeterBerry.  Among other things, MeterBerry has a simple event  log that tells you what is burning up battery power.  In my case, it was five apps that I no way of shutting off--they were continuously running in background.  Since I valued long battery life more that I valued the apps (I could also readily access them on my laptop as well as my tablet), I simply deleted the apps and, voila!, back to three to five days of standby time.  The particular apps that I elimiated were Linked In, Twitter, TripIt (from American Express) and Fandango,

Please use plain text.
wrich2011
My Device: 9300

I went through this same problem for over a month. I use a company curve and it had been working fine battery lasting for days at a time with normal use. Then I started getting a little black square in the middle of my screen that would delay everything, and my battery would fully discharge with no use in less than 6 hours. I spoke to my corporate IT and AT&T IT depts and they didn't know the solution. After replacing my curve 3 times I finally decided to research this myself. After speaking to a friend who told me it miight be an app running in the background I came here and read how to find out. I pressed the buttons listed saw the app constantly running in the back ground and finally acted on it. It was a blackberry messenger software upgrade which I didn't want and never "accepted" but finally had to let it load and installed it. Once I did this  "whallla" problem fixed- no black clock and battery is back to lasting for days instead of hours.

Please use plain text.
anthonypeter123
My Device: Bold

I have bough a New Balck berry Bold and have the same problem the battery drains in 4 hrs, neither the battery is swollen , Pls help

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,955
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

anthonypeter123 wrote:

I have bough a New Balck berry Bold and have the same problem the battery drains in 4 hrs, neither the battery is swollen , Pls help

There could be many reasons, including apps running in the background that need to be closed, an active browser page draining the battery, or others.

First thing, Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

That will stop all applications and after reboot, anytime you open and use an application and are finished, chose the Menu > Close or Exit command, do not just pres the end call or escape key to close an app.

Here are some good charging tips, please read and you'll see that many of them will apply to you.
 http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Community-Post/Power-Saving-Tips-for-your-BlackBer...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
BBuser4work
My Device: Curve 8530

Thank you for the tip. I almost ran out and purchased a battery. The problem came up suddenly. Thought it might be something other than the battery. Thanks again ! :-)
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,955
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You're welcome. Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.