Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

floradorla
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

Battery drains in 4 hours.

I've had a BB Curve 9360 (I think!) for just over a year and in the last few months it has started to get really hot and run the battery down really quick.

I charge it up over night every night and before lunch time it has drained completely without even using it except to maybe send the odd txt msg or check the time.

I have checked that every application is closed down, turned off my WIFI and sometimes even my phone service but it seems to have no effect. It doesn't always do this it used to be once every couple of weeks and now it's more like every other day.

Please help because I can't be attached to a charger all day long!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Battery drains in 4 hours.

Over the next couple of days, when charging the device and while still connected to your wall outlet charger, remove the battery on the BlackBerry for a minute and reinsert the battery to reboot.

What has likely happened is a couple of things... you DO have something running in the background consuming the CPU and the battery, even an active browser page can do that. Close apps and the browser by using the Menu key > Close or Exit. Don't close an app with the 'end call' key.

Secondly, sometimes on-device battery meter and the battery itself get off sync in the charge percentage. The process above will help normalize that.

Finally, do this for me, while the battery is out of the device, feel it, do the sides feel even slightly bulged or completely flat? Lay the battery on a completely flat surface like a kitchen counter and spin the battery.. does it spin or lie still? If it spins easily, it has a slight bulge and that itself can mean the battery is bad or has been overheated. Replace the battery.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
floradorla
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

I don't know what could possibly be running in the background. When it happens I always go through every app and check it's closed, like you say not with the end call button but by going through the menu.
Thank you for your advice, I shall try that and see what happens. I really hope it does the trick!
:smileyvery-happy:
Thank you for your help
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CatalystDanny95
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

Seems you are using many applications on your phone which is overclocking the cpu of your phone...try batter saving tips..it may help you as well..
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

he's not 'overclocking' the CPU... that's a totally different thing. It's just high CPU usage, not overclocking.

And, even with apps closed there could be some still running in the background which don't appear in the App Switch, such as Twitter and Facebook. They can be active and not show as such, unless you've actually logged out.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.