Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: Tim

Battery problem

Good morning,

I'm Valeria, I bought a BB 9360 curve  in January. I have always had problems with the battery. Even if I don't call anyone, my battery lasts only few hours.

Is it normal? What can I do? Can I change my battery?

I need a battery that can last at least for a day.

Thank you

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Battery problem

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

"Normal" battery life is completely unique for each user. It depends on the apps you have running, the apps you have installed, the apps you leave running, phone usage, etc. etc. etc. What is normal for one person may be totally abnormal for another. Normal-for-you is the best you can hope to determine.

Check your running apps...hold the Menu key until the app switcher ribbon pops up...if there is anything beyond Phone, Browser, Homescreen, BBM, and Messages, then you are leaving other apps running and they may be running your battery down, even if you are not using them. You need to shut them down properly and not leave them running if you want to preserve your battery life.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.