Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 8330C
Accepted Solution

Battery

I understand thyat there's also a way to display the battery remaining in numerics. How is that done

Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Battery

[ Edited ]

Boy you just turn up like a bad penny don't you Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

You can got to OPTIONS STATUS and see the actual capacity in % and the DBM of the signal

As far as a theme which displays this in numbers I don't know. Are you having a battery drain?

Thanks.

If you need further assitance please ask! If not:

Please resolve the post using the green kudo's box. Simply check the post that had

your answer in it. Thanks!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-05-2008 07:35 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Trusted Contributor

No. it's doing better than I thought. it's been at one bar for a long time and I'm waiting for it to go to almost Zero before I recharge it.

If i'm bugging you i'll find another source for help.

Guru I

II'm just jokin a little Smiley Happy

It's a good idea with a lithium battrey to drain it all the way a could of time and then fully charge.

Call me anytime!!Smiley Happy

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Trusted Contributor

GPS

I wasn't able to get the GPS working and spent 30 minutes on the phone with Verizon support. After making many changes and inputs it wouldn't work  until (using that old magicians trick)  the battery was pulled. Just having it initialized from V via wireless didn't do it.

They seem to be more helpful than Sprint. They called me to see if I needed help.

Guru I

Re: GPS

FKESS, long time no see Smiley Happy

I weren't aware you were working with a GPS. Is it the internal or an external? Verizon will disable it, if you don't buy the VZnavigator program for $10.00 a month. I went for  Google maps and I think it;s great, and free. It either uses your GPS if enabled or triangulates by cell towers,

It's not as accurate, but it works fine for me, Have you bought the VZnavigator program?

Verizon has been known for the best client service, and in my case it is always professional.

Please let me know about your GPS, (I'm jealous Smiley Happy

If you need further assitance please ask! If not:

Please resolve the post using the green kudo's box. Simply check the post that had

your answer in it. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: GPS

There I was asking for help to get it working not knowing I had to pay for it so under the circumstances, Best Buy had loaded it for me and  Verizon activated it directly (with my input) to my BB. It cost $10/month but I may cancel. I have a portable Garmin ( a gift from my son) for my car but I find it distracting although it's easy to use and does a good job. I understand that the Sprint Version is better than the Verizon. I'll try a few things and let you know.  I really don't need either one. at my age (85) I don't drive on any long trips. I just like gadgets.

And Verizon dropped the activation charge for the BB and I paid the  smaller activation amount for the second phone (free)  which has no data package.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Fkess wrote:

I understand thyat there's also a way to display the battery remaining in numerics. How is that done

Thanks

on the home screen : Alt-NMLL

do the same to revert to bars.

for your information, the higher the better.
-30 => good
-90 => bad.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: