If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
osvd
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Telcel

Bb curve 8520 grey wifi icon

I dont know why but my icon is grey.. That means no wifi .. I have data service , i want to download appworld but doesnt let me because it needs wifi. Plus internet is rlly slow:/ plz help me ,, os5
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Bb curve 8520 grey wifi icon

WiFi and data service are two different things. Wifi is your home Internet, coffee shop Internet, etc. Data service means you have data with your cellular carrier.

Do you have a BB data plan with your carrier? If not, do you have wifi in your house or location?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
osvd

Srry i meant bb data plan.. Yes i do. And yes i have internet in my house.. I also use it with my ipod so i think it doesnt have any problem
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Appworld doesn't require WiFi. It goes a little faster when downloading but it certainly doesn't require it.

Have you connected to your Wifi network? Has it worked in the past?

Try removing the battery to your device and see what happens.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
osvd

I removed the battery a bunch if times.. Well ok. But i want a faster connection. Everytime i want to open appworld it comes up the bb id then it doesnt update. I close and error 80002 appears.... I think i need wifi to update?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Here is a link to a thread that deals with this issue:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Storm/Blackberry-identification-installation-faile...
Please use plain text.