Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
BenBissett
My Device: 8520
Accepted Solution

Beginning to lose confidence in BB

So I have a 8900 that whitescreens, a 8520 that has a mind of it's own and then freezes and an old 8310 that randomly shuts itself off.

Out of three differing BBs I have a failure rate of 100%

Grrrrr

Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Beginning to lose confidence in BB

you cant just blame BlackBerry because all of your products are from the Curve product line!
i used to have a Curve 8520 and i do admit it was bad, but when i got my 9320 Curve, it's just different. the OS 6,7 Curves are much better
out of all my BlackBerry's after the 8520 my success rate is 100%
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
grneyd
My Device: Curve 9300

My son and I have 9300 Curves. We've only had them for a year and constantly have problems with them. Mine freezes all the time. His text & bbm stopped working. His was still under warranty so he took his to provider to get fixed. A week or so later they sent it back saying it was fixed & he still had the same problem so has had to send it back again :smileysad:
Contributor
BenBissett

they may be all from the curve product line but unless I'm mistaken RIM have made all the BBs in that line. To me it's very bad form to make a product that fails so easily.

Developer
Wiki_Berry

It definately doesn't fail. The curve product line is a huge success. So, if your 8310 fails my old iphone 2G doesn't fail? I can't even do anything on it!, when phones get old, they don't work as well as before. As for the curve 9300, its OS6, all platforms have done terrible OS6's (Apple, WinMob 6...)
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Contributor
BenBissett

"As for the curve 9300, its OS6, all platforms have done terrible OS6's (Apple, WinMob 6...)"

I think you'll find the version number has nothing to do with it's reliability, unless of course, you're highly superstitious.
Developer
Wiki_Berry

Did i say the number has anything to do with it?

no i did not. 

i was just pointing out that all 3 of the platforms mention have failed to impress with their OS6's :Offtopic:.

Contributor
BenBissett

And did I say that if my BB fails your 2g iphone doesn't? no I didn't.

The fact remains I have three BBs which all perform 100% as paperweights but above and beyond that capacity are next to useless. Regardless that they are all from the curve line, or have any version of OS, they don't work, and they should.

Developer
Wiki_Berry

so did i say i don't have good devices? my BlackBerry's have never under-performed. I just said that you shouldn't expect too much as your buying something that is not as expensive compared to something else such as a BlackBerry Bold.
This thread is going off topic, so i would advise you to only reply if you have something to say to the OP regardless to your opinions which you should keep to yourself.
Contributor
BenBissett

How is this going off topic? how is me stating I have three broken bb's then reiterating the fact that I have three broken bb's going off topic? do you know what off topic means? If your read my last comment it couldn't be more on topic than the original post.

As for my opinions I have every right to express my frustration that of the three BB's I own none work, are you saying that because they are from a cheaper line I should expect them to fail? or that as they are lesser BB's I shouldn't grumble??

It's a commercial product that should do what it says on the tin regardless of how expensive it is.