Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Beginning to lose confidence in BB

You realize that this is a "General Support Forum" dont you?

its not a Complaint site

If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BenBissett
My Device: 8520

After this conversation any kind of support is welcome

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,931
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BenBissett wrote:

It's a commercial product that should do what it says on the tin regardless of how expensive it is.

BenBissett, if you have specific questions or issues on EACH device you'd like to ask about, please do. Please take the time to detail each issue and what led up to the issue or what you've done to rectify the issue. We'd be glad to help.

All the Curve line is not bad. I don't know what HSingh is getting to.

But if you want to only complain, you've expressed that, so be it. This is not a complaint site, and yes you have a the "privilege" (not a right) to express the dissatisfaction. And, in turn, we have the privilege to respond if we so chose. Remember, we are users just like you, not RIM/BlackBerry employees.

Now, do you need assistance with those device?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BenBissett

I'm not complaining, and I understand what you are saying. I was replying to HSingh's opinion that they all broke because they were curves and not greater BBs.

As a support tech myself I would be looking at a common cause, especially if all three devices fail. Maybe the operating environment needs to be considered? Am I a part time sauna attendant that works in a microwave oven factory? and extreme example I know but you get where I'm coming from. Or maybe the charger that is being used is not compatible with the device? The sim could be faulty as this would be a common factor between devices, or maybe the trans flash card.

Of course I have considered these options but was looking for someone to suggest a possible cause I hadn't considered.

Since the original post I have purchased a 9500, don't get me wrong I love blackberry I just haven't had a particularly trouble free experience.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

I personally don't think there's a common issue, judging from the small bit of info you've posted.

I'd look at each individually.

Your 9500 is an almost four year old device, old technology by today's standards, and is End of Life for BlackBerry support. I had one for over a year, good device, but the small amount of memory native to that model will likely lead to frustration also in this day.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BenBissett

I did notice that it was lacking in the memory area, I'm not a heavy user, the odd call, email and maybe play a video off a TF card once in a while. Hopefully it should suit my needs. I'll have to wait and see as it hasn't turned up yet.

Going to pass on my curves to the kids as play phones.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

BenBissett wrote:

So I have a 8900 that whitescreens,

On reboot? Or displays a white screen when?

BenBissett wrote:

a 8520 that has a mind of it's own and then freezes

Most likely moisture problems if you observe random applications opening, random keys being pressed, etc. The freezing could occur from any number of issues from to many background applications running or media card errors or even inserting an old media card taken from an older BlackBerry pre-OS4.5

BenBissett wrote:

and an old 8310 that randomly shuts itself off.

Vague. Could be a number of issues related to a bad application, media card, low memory, bad battery connection (try placing a folded sheet of normal paper or a business card on top of the battery and replace the battery battery door).

In short, I've had all three of these same models and had excellent service. All three still work with the exception of a faulty trackball on the 8310 which I could replace when I have time. 

Updating the operating system on each could help, removing the media card and observing if the same issues occur would be helpful, as well as any detail you might care to add.

Bottom line, 2 of the three are 5 year old devices. They are old. They would need extra care to operate at optimal use. The best initial advice is to do a BBSAK wipe on each to see JVM error 507 on screen and reload the OS fresh.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BenBissett

Many thanks for the info, makes sense, I'll try the bbsak wipe and reload the os.

ta

Please use plain text.