Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Best Browser for Curve 8320

Hi guys, I'm running system software 4.2.2 on my Berry.  Installed Opera Mini 4.1 and it worked.  Problem is, it's no faster or maybe even slower than the Berrys Browser.  I was wondering 2 things.  If I upgraded to 4.5 would that make browsing faster or is there a faster browser out there. Please let me know.

Vince

Solutions: 6,152
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Best Browser for Curve 8320

those are your only two choices just now, the normal bb browser and Opera Mini.

Upgrading could make your BB feel more snappy.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

I would recommand you to use device's Internet Browser. BlackBerry browser works 2/3 times faster then convensional browser.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

both the browser from Blackberry and the browser from Opera do compression. On both cases, it goes through their own web proxies.
Yu can double the speed of your browsing by deactivating javascript. It may seem crazy saying that loud in the XXth century, but think again : how many websites really require Javascript ?
if you have two blackberry browsers on your device (the "Blackberry Brower" and the "Internet Browser" for instance), then you can configure only one to enable javascript. and bookmark that website that requires javascript, and in the bookmark, choose that browser.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: