Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
rongvk

Best GPS software w/external puck and Verizon?

For years I've used WM phones with an external gps receiver (i.trek M series) and iGuidance software.  It worked fantastic.  Now I've been forced to switch to a BB Curve running on Verizon.  I still have my i.trek M5 but don't know the best software to purchase.  I tried nav4all and it simply didn't work (didn't find my paired gps for some reason).  Tried to download a trial of Garmin and it won't support Verizon at all, even with an external receiver (or so the website claims).  Looked at MapQuest Navigator trial download; same issue, it won't support Verizon.  Looked at TelNav and they want $99 per year?  They're crazy.  GPS software will be commoditized soon and will wind up free in the very near future I believe.  I'm not paying yearly for TelNav. 

So experts, I'm looking for a recomendation based on your experiences.  If iGuidance would just port their software over for BB, this would be a done deal!!!

Thanks for any help.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,748
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Best GPS software w/external puck and Verizon?

The BEST GPS mapping application for the BlackBerry in my opinion is TeleNav. $9.99/month, but it is the best.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Vincebell1

I Use Garmin and love it.  $99 with a lifetime subscription.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rongvk

VinceBell1, are you using Garmin on a Verizon BlackBerry?  As I said, I tried to download their eval and test it but it won't allow me to.  Says that Verizon is not supported.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Vincebell1

Call Garmin (Garmin.com).  Phone number is on web site.  Maybe you're right.  I use it on t-mobile.  But Garmin will let you know for sure.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ashok2721

I don't know what "bells and whistles" you are looking for but I am using the BB maps application and it works great. It is not voice prompted turn by turn directions but man it has a lot of good services. I also have loaded GPS Snitch and use them in unisom to be able to map friends locations in comparision to mine. They are both great but better together.

ashok2721
BB 8310
applications freak
IPHONE SUCKS!!!!!!
Please use plain text.